Thursday, October 12, 2006

100 thoughts about college

I think it's quite fitting that my 100th post (yes it is the 100th) is about college. Especially since I honestly do have about 100 thoughts in my head racing around about college. I've made a few decisions and finally started applying. (I know, I know. I finally got off my lazy ass. Trust and believe my momma is dancing harder than all yall.) I know I want to work with kids, but I'm not sure exactly how I want to work with them. So I'm applying to a few colleges in big cities and majoring in either Sociology or Child Development/Psychology and then working with children in the area until I'm sure what I wanna do. Then I'd just get into a graduate program for that. The list of lucky schools is as follows.

  • New York University
  • University of California San Diego campus
  • University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus
  • Old Dominion University
ODU is my fallback. I might apply to JMU or another VA college. We'll see after the college visit. I'm deathly afraid of not finishing these applications on time. Whoever wrote these damn things is a sick, twisted bastard. But it's ok. It's all ok. I'm excited and yet nervous at the same time. But at least I'm no longer apathetic about it. I'm still a bit depressed but I'm trying to ignore it since my friends aren't all that helpful. I'm just going to push through it.

No comments: