Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's Simply Meant to Be

What makes us strive for that promotion, or that A, or that hot ride?

Because we don't want to be like the loser on the corner.

However in order to want to be better than the loser on the corner, there has to BE a loser on the corner.

Some of us were meant to be the losers. We help make the world go 'round. If you're one of the losers, no matter how hard you try, you're still a loser. For you to switch things up and be a winner, someone else is going to have to hit some hard times. And while you might hate your lot in life, that's no reason to wish misfortune on some other soul.

I thought of something today as I made my second trip of the day to Harris Teeter. Being a loser isn't a bad thing. You help give the world balance. And while I might not have a brand new car or a hot boyfriend or really cool expensive clothing, I have two good friends. And a license. I do have some fun. Not a whole bunch or even really cool fun. But it's enough and it works for me. While I can't help but wish to be on the other side of the fence of cool and accepted, would I even know what to do with myself if I got what I wanted?

Fuck no.
I'd be crazier than I am now.

No comments: